Real Economy is a not-for-profit co-operative that is working to improve access to fresh food and strengthen community life in Bristol. Our model is to help residents set up food buying groups so that they can order food collectively and have it delivered to the group, making food bills cheaper and offering a chance to meet neighbours. Continue reading
Resource Futures is looking for enthusiastic individuals to help Wiltshire Council to improve future waste and recycling services.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get involved in the environmental sector and gain some all important experience.
We have an exciting role for a reliable, independent and highly motivated intern to assist and get involved in marketing and communications for an international development charity. The ideal candidate will be fluent in English, have strong written and communication skills, as well as a thorough knowledge of social media and passion for international development.
Deki tackles global poverty through improving access to finance and business training in developing countries. Deki connects lenders and borrowers online via www.deki.org.uk through microloans, enabling very poor people to start businesses and create a sustainable future for themselves and their wider community.
Two’s Company is Life Cycle’s programme of tandem rides in and around Bristol for people who are blind or visually impaired. We are looking for strong and experienced cyclists to join our team of volunteers.
This exciting role will be based in both the Students’ Union and the Sustainability team in the Estates Office at the University of Bristol. Tasks will include student engagement; communications; monitoring and evaluation; liaising with partners and the community.
SustainIt are the leading global Sustainability Data Consultancy who provide consultancy, support and software services for corporate clients such as Thomas Cook, Under Armour, British American Tobacco and Centrica. Our team is highly motivated and strongly committed to looking after our customers and supporting them with their sustainability programmes.
Festival Stewarding is a key fundraising department, inspiring people to give their time, talents and enthusiasm to raise money for Oxfam through festivals.
This role supports the recruitment of 5000+ volunteer staff for up to 20 high profile UK music festivals and events each summer. The stewarding community are a truly inspiring group of volunteers who support our work, while also enjoying the festival experience.
Energy and Technical Services LTD (ETS) is an established engineering and energy management consultancy based in Congresbury, North Somerset with significant development plans and they’re looking for an Energy Centre Analyst.
We work with several of the UK’s largest retailers and commercial property managers. Achieving the award of “Business of the Year (11-25 employees)” at the Somerset Business Awards is testimony to our capabilities. Our vision is to be a market leader with a mission to innovate and grow. We are investing to achieve this success and this role is an opportunity to be part of this exciting time in our history.
We are launching an Energy Centre for one of our major retail clients in January 2015. This will manage all their energy and relevant operational data with the main aim being the reduction of energy use across the 600+ stores. We are seeking an Energy Centre Analyst to support the Team in the day to day operation of the Energy Centre. This is a full time role.
The key responsibilities will include:
- - Analysing data on an online portal and in spreadsheet form
- - Reporting energy data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- - Making adjustments to controls settings
- - Liaising with sub-contractors to resolve any issues
- - Answering calls regarding changes to controls settingsApplicants will be judged on the evidence they can provide against the list of essential requirements below. The list of desirable experience is of interest and will strengthen an application but these are areas where the Energy Centre Team can provide support and training to the successful candidate if required.
The following attributes are essential:
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Solid mathematical skills (A-level or equivalent)
- Proficient in use of Excel to review and manipulate data
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Comfortable with following processes (the role will also allow the candidate to be part ofdeveloping and improving these)
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Energy profiles, energy data and characteristics
- Statistical analysis
- Database operation and development
- Building services
- Equipment controls and automation
- Programming e.g. VBA
- IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft office applicationsPackage
Monthly salary, Company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (excluding public holidays), Salary (negotiable).
If this is of interest, please supply your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly titled as ‘Application – Energy Centre Analyst’
Do you want to make the world and local Bristol a better place (and get paid for it)? Would you love to use your marketing expertise and talents to build engaging customer relationships? Do you thrive on working creatively, hands-on and strategic and doing remarkable, unconventional things? Would you rather work for a growing ethical, independent business over a large corporation?